Success for first bid round offshore Argentina
BUENOS AIRES, April 17, 2019 – Argentina’s government has successfully granted 18 of 38 blocks offered in the country’s first ever offshore bid round, international media report on Tuesday.
The tender drew in more than USD 718 million in bids from companies including super-majors Shell, ExxonMobil, BP and Equinor, among others. All of the blocks are located off the coast of the country’s Tierra del Fuego province.
“It seems safe to assume that there are untold riches lying in Argentine waters,” Secretary of Energy and Mining Gustavo Lopetegui said, as cited by Upstream Online.
Offshore bid round winners:
- Block MLO-113 – ExxonMobil, Qatar Petroleum
- Block MLO-114 – Pluspetrol, Wintershall, Tullow Oil
- Block MLO-117 – ExxonMobil, Qatar Petroleum
- Block MLO-118 – ExxonMobil, Qatar Petroleum
- Block MLO-119 – Pluspetrol, Wintershall, Tullow Oil
- Block MLO-121 – Equinor
- Block MLO-122 – Tullow Oil
- Block MLO-123 – Total, Equinor, YPF
- Block MLO-124 – Eni, Mitsui, Tecpetrol
- Block CAN-102 – Equinor
- Block CAN-107 – Shell, Qatar Petroleum
- Block CAN-108 – Equinor
- Block CAN-109 – Shell, Qatar Petroleum
- Block CAN-111 – Total, BP
- Block CAN-113 – Total, BP
- Block CAN-114 – Equinor, YPF
- Block AUS-105 – Equinor
- Block AUS-106 – Equinor
Sorry. No data so far.